Developing your own product is never easy. It takes resources, creativity and time. Testing for reliability, quality and durability, is one of the vital pieces of product development. Quality indicates that your product will deliver what it is designed for. You will also want to know if the product is consistent, even when the conditions are less than ideal to establish the durability and reliability. Today, we at Snell Scientifics would like to further elaborate on the importance of product testing.
Advantages of Product Testing
Product testing can help in a multitude of ways, and below is a list of the most beneficial advantages of testing your product.
1) Effects of products aging. The test of time is measured with accelerated life to see how the product withstands age.
2) Spot potential threats. Testing can find any flaws in the product and compare its use in a variety of settings and environments applications, as the potential threats from competing products are monitored.
3) Product testing applied to customers. Firms can predict consumer acceptance of any new products with marketing tests. An item will be determined if it will sell well or whether it still needs work before it hits the mass market.
4) Safety. Safety for general use is tested and if the consumers can rely on it deliver the expected standard of safety.
5) Effectiveness. The effectiveness is tested to ensure the company can sell their product for intended use. With extensive testing, your product can be checked to see if the efficiency is there and where it needs work.
How to Do Product Testing
When it comes to testing your product, you need a professional with extensive experience. Every product must be logged and serialized to allow instant access to test data. Product reliability and life cycle testing as well as quality assurance, are just the generals with the various types of testing. The development and manufacturing phases of product development are all a part of testing. Designed to find design weaknesses and specific assembly and material problems, stress testing from the earliest product development phase is essential. All the types of real life problems a product may encounter during its life cycle are included with product testing. Corrosion, loss of potency, and other elements are tested with the longevity tests.
Importance of Product Reliability Testing
For three specific reasons, reliability testing is performed:
– Under certain conditions, the product’s endurance is put to the test.
– Failure rates of the product are identified.
– To increase the product’s reliability and lifespan, if possible, product testing can determine preventative measures that can be applied. Reliability product testing considers prime focuses, depending on the nature of the product. These focuses often include temperature and humidity conditions as well as time duration. Number of testing cycles, vibrations, and other environmental conditions are also considered.
Pest Product Development & Testing
With Snell Scientifics, our experts put your product through rigorous testing to collect the data you need. Our testing covers the essentials and them some. To learn more, call us today!